Our internship program equips you with skills and confidence to thrive in the academic, political, and professional arenas.
We seek driven, inspired young people to help us make the world a better place for people of all genders.
Email email@example.com with your resumé and a brief cover letter telling us about yourself and why you want to join our team
We are looking for interns in the following areas (Scroll down for more details):
- Gender Equity Coalitions
- Social Media
- National Outreach
- Graphic Design
- Academic Research
- Video Editing
Time Commitment: Our organization is growing quickly so we are flexible in terms of time commitment.
- 5-8 hours/week
- June 11-July 10 with possibility to continue into August
- Academic Year
- 2-4 hours/week
- Option to work remotely or attend bi-weekly meetings
Build a Gender Equity Coalition at your school
We are building a network of gender equity coalitions. Start one at your school and to take an active role in educating champions for gender equity. Every school is different. Your internship would consist of putting together a proposal for the gender equity coalition that is right for your community. TAW provide guidance, help, support, collaboration and good ol'-fashioned laughs to support you on your journey.
Social Media Intern
- Goal: Our Twitter account raises awareness about the problem in order to drive signatures to our petition and donations to our campaign.
- Task: Compile a list of statistics, short facts and anecdotes to share on our Twitter account in order to raise awareness about the lack of women and gender-inclusion in classrooms.
- Goal: The @TeachAboutWomen Instagram presents solutions by creating a visually engaging and witty source of gender-inclusive and women-centric resources for educators and supporters.
- Task: Make a database of images of women-centric classroom resources, art, books, posters, museum exhibits, etc.
National Outreach Intern
- Goal: Take the Teach About Women campaign beyond New York State
- Research state learning standards in other states and compile data regarding the inclusion of women, gender, intersectionality, and feminism.
- Put together presentations of the data to encourage teachers and supporters to start their own movements for change (through petitions and state-wide outreach)
- Goal: Create a logo and “look” for Teach About Women merchandise.
- Design a digital logo that captures the campaign’s message and spirit.
- Create a version of the logo that includes “a campaign to change the stories we tell about women, gender, and power in classrooms and beyond.”
- Create a mock-up of a t-shirt, mug, bookmark, magnet, and sticker.
Video Editing Intern
- Goal: Make our mission more accessible to engage a wider audience in our petition and our fund-raising campaign.
- Create a short, engaging video that encapsulates Teach About Women’s mission and strategy for our Change.org and Go Fund Me pages.
- NB: Once the first video is done, there is the possibility for ongoing work with the campaign including interviews, update videos, and coverage of events and workshops.
- Goal: Use our Guiding Principles to build a database of sources and information on the history of women, gender, and power.
- Conduct academic research on specific time periods, developments, people, and phenomena.
- Keep track of sources and keep an eye out for lacunae and gender bias in primary and secondary resources.